If you are reaching this page for the first time please read the CRA Donation Receipt rules and the bidding instructions first below. Otherwise
Please note that the Silent Auction
has ENDED on May 23rd at 2:00 PM
Thank you so much for your participation. If You have not picked up your item(s), please contact email@example.com to arrange for its pickup.
CRA Donation Receipt rules for Auctions.
The CRA imposes rules for the charitable donation receipts for Auctions. The item donor and the winning bidder are both eligible for a donation receipt within the following rules and parameters.
In general, the item donor can receive a receipt for the "Fair Market Value" of the item donated. The buyer (Auction winner) receives a receipt for the difference between the "Fair Market Value" and the purchase price.
- A receipt can be issued to the donor for the fair market value of the item at the time it is donated to the charity.
- The donated item may be subject to the deemed fair market value rule.
- If the fair market value of the donated item cannot be established, you cannot issue a receipt.
- The fair market value of the item must be established and made known to all bidders in advance of the auction, or you cannot issue a receipt.
- The winning bid must meet the intention to make a gift threshold (the posted value of the item cannot exceed 80% of the winning bid).
- Fair market value is usually the highest dollar value you can get for your property in an open and unrestricted market and between a willing buyer and a willing seller who are knowledgeable, informed, and acting independently of each other.
- Click here for CRA explanation of What is deemed fair market value
Calculation of eligible amount
Your Auction Bids Works Really Easy
1. Choose your item to bid on
After you register and/ or login proceed to the Silent Auction section and start bidding on your item
2. Add your item to your basket
When the auction ends and you are the winner Click on My Account at the top of the page and then Auction and then click Add To Cart
3. Checkout and Pay
Click on the Basket/ Cart icon at the top corner of the page and proceed to Checkout to complete processing your payment.
4. Receive Confirmation
You will receive by email confirmation and invoices. Afterwards please email t firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for pick-up of items.